5 Benefits of a Business Website Over Social Media and Local Business Directory Profiles

Black american woman building her business website using computer in an office

“If your business is not on the internet, then your business will be out of business.”

When Bill Gates first spoke these wise words, not so many people took him seriously. But today, it’s more important than ever to have an online presence for any business. As consumers become increasingly comfortable with buying products and services over the Internet, having a website can help you get ahead of your competition.

According to the SBA, only 64% of the over 30 million U.S. businesses have a well-designed website. The remaining 36% rely on on-site visitors, social media, and local business directory profiles to reach their customers. But the truth remains; having a business website gives you a wider exposure, customer outreach, and sales compared to other methods.

Here are five reasons why you should consider building a website for your business:

1. Websites Build Trust & Authority

A customer has no reason to trust or believe you if they don’t know anything about you. A good website builds credibility by providing information about who you are and what you do. This helps build trust between you and your customers.

But that’s not all; websites also give you authority. When someone searches for something specific like “best dog food” or “best mattress,” your website appears at the top of search results. If your website ranks higher than competitors’ sites, it means you’re more authoritative. Thus, you’re likely to receive more traffic from those searches.

2. Ability to Link to the Site Through Google My Business

Google My Business allows you to link directly to your website through the Google Maps listing. You can add links to your website, phone number, address, hours of operation, and even videos. It’s free to set up.

Imagine getting a free business listing from Google, where potential customers can find your store location, hours of operation, contact info, and reviews. That’s pretty awesome, a feat you can’t achieve even with the most customized social media profile!

3. Enjoy a Stronger Online Presence Without Relying on 3rd Party Sites

You may already use Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, etc., but these platforms aren’t as robust as a website. They’re limited in how much content you can post, how often you can update it, and how many people see it.

On the contrary, a website provides a stronger online presence because it offers more flexibility. For example, you can create pages dedicated to different categories such as “About Us,” “Contact Us,” “News,” “Products,” etc. And you can easily update them whenever you want.

4. More Exposure Means Better Sales

Having a website lets you connect with a larger audience. Your website is visible to everyone, including people searching for your product/service, customers visiting your physical store, and people browsing your company’s social media posts.

That means you can target your marketing efforts toward a broader group of people. In turn, this increases the chances of generating leads and sales.

5. A Business Website Works in Tandem with Social Media and Business Directory Profiles

Social media works best when paired with a website. To ensure your brand stays consistent across channels, you must maintain a single voice and tone.

The same goes for business directories. A website will help you rank higher in local search results, which means you’ll get more exposure. But having a business directory profile will also let you appear in other places.

For instance, Yelp shows businesses based on their popularity (i.e., how many reviews each has). So, if you have an active business page on Yelp, it will appear in search results alongside your website.

Rank Rise is Your No.1 Rated Digital Marketing Partner in Fort Collins!

If you’re looking to grow your business through strategic digital marketing, Rank Rise Marketing Fort Collins is here to help. We provide digital marketing services that include SEO, web design, branding, lead funnel development, Google paid search, and more. We understand that every business has unique needs and goals, so we customize all our work to fit your budget, timeline, and specific requirements. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help your business succeed!

About The Author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Post comment


Advertise With Us Today

Book a call with our expert team and unlock the winning strategy for your Digital advertising campaigns.

Recent Posts

Social Media

Related Posts